A small school with huge opportunities.
At Överkalix Independent School we work to ensure that our pupils learn a lot at the same time as they have fun in a secure learning environment. The school is run by a non-profit organization with a board and membership consisting of parents.As part of our focus on culture and the environment our pupils participate in an annual project that integrates all school subjects with culture and the environment.
- Secure learning environment
- Age-integrated teaching and learning
- Child-centered learning
- Small class sizes
- Treating each child as the unique individual that they are
- Cooperation and collaboration with parents – an opportunity to influence
- Larger projects based on our culture and environment focus such as dance and musical performances or working with the school environment
- Fully qualified teachers with high levels of engagement
- Meals cooked on site
- Breakfast and fruit